a breath of poetry
a breath of poetry giving you a glimpse of my soul
3.28.2007
Poem .9
Eight years ago I dreamt of you.
I was standing in a field on a cloudy day,
Admiring the mountains in the distance.
You walked toward me from the house by the lake.
Eyes so blue they turned all else grey,
A face more beautiful than any angel,
And you spoke with a voice that could sing me to heaven.
You played cards.
I was thirteen.
This is irrelevant, I know.
But I knew when you kissed me
I would be yours forever.
It started to rain, and you carried me to the house.
We made love in the hammock on the porch,
And you told me you'd love me until the end of time.
I slept in your arms until the sun rose.
You had to go inside for a game, but you said you'd return.
I will never forget that last kiss as you went through the door.
I sat in the hammock for hours waiting for you to come back,
All the while clinging to my last piece of you
Your Ace of Diamonds.
Then there was a horrible storm,
A ravine,
You on the other side.
I had no way to get to you.
I knew it was over.
You left without saying goodbye.
When I awoke I was alone in a strange place.
I never knew your name,
I can't even say I'd recognize you anymore.
But the ache in my heart remains.
I search for you still, eight years later,
Looking for the boy who promised me a lifetime of love.
I have your Ace of Diamonds.
posted by Little Red @ 4:39 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER