a breath of poetry
a breath of poetry giving you a glimpse of my soul
3.27.2007
Poem .8
The pictures are proof.
The music brought me here.
I stood outside and listened
For a while
Then came in and found
What I wasn't looking for.
My heart beats with the drums.
The melody surges through my veins.
I am transformed by the pauses
Between the notes.
Those milliseconds of silence
Where I fill in the gaps
And let the music take me away.
Out on the street its thirty degrees.
Strangers meet
Hookups are made
Fights break out.
It's cold out there,
But in here your eyes keep me warm.
Your voice draws me away.
Away from the chaos
Away from the world.
I don't hear words,
Just that pure, sweet tenor
That leaves me breathless.
The swirl of cigarettes,
The flashing lights,
The deafening roar of five hundred friends
All sharing the same moment.
It's what keeps me coming back.
I wake up to the smell
Of booze and smoke,
My head still aching from last night.
Half memories of things I did,
People I loved,
And money well spent.
posted by Little Red @ 4:34 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER