a breath of poetry
a breath of poetry giving you a glimpse of my soul
3.27.2007
Poem .1
God loves a sinner.
God loves a sinner.
They say that God loves a sinner
But not his sin.
God hates that.
God can separate the sinner from his sin.
The people he loves from the acts he hates.
But we, we humans…
We find that separation awful hard.
We don't see a difference between what you do and who you are.
So I'm a whore because I can't ever say no.
And I'm a slut because I refuse to be ashamed of my body.
And I'm a tease because you can look, but you can't touch.
Man hates a sinner.
Man hates a sinner.
I say that man hates a sinner
But he sure as hell loves his sins.
Her sins.
He traced a trail of tender kisses down my back
And he held me like he'd never let me go.
His words lit a fire deep within my soul
And I still burn.
I am consumed by this passion for the man who taught me how it feels to feel love
To feel safe
To feel beautiful.
When he looked at my naked form I saw the unmistakable awe of a man in the presence of sheer beauty.
But now,
Now that the night is over
Now that he got what he wanted:
My body,
he's happy.
He doesn't know that he's got my heart and soul, too.
Because for me, that was not just one night.
It was eight months of wanting
And waiting
Hoping
Praying that one day he'd look at me and see more than just a shy, stupid girl.
It was the culmination of eight months of work
Working towards a goal I always knew I could never reach, but for myself I had to try.
And you look at me now with pity.
Because I was just too stupid to understand how it could never work
Because we're just too different
And you're just too fucked up for a relationship right now.
I am a sinner.
I am a sinner.
You know that I am a sinner.
I did it with you
For you.
Why can't you love me?
posted by Little Red @ 4:28 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER