a breath of poetry
a breath of poetry giving you a glimpse of my soul
3.27.2007
Poem .2
I wish someone would paint this feeling
In acrylic on canvas
Or oil on wood.
I need someone to make this feeling permanent.
So that I can put it on the wall and see it when this night is over.
And when I look at that painting
I'll see more than just two naked bodies entwined in a passionate embrace.
I will see careful brush strokes of peach and tan
And suggestions of something that looks a lot like love
I'll look at it and see what might have been if we had given us a chance.
I'll see peace and hope
Trust and understanding.
Lovers and friends.
Or maybe I'll look at it like you look at it and see nothing at all.

I wish someone could paint this feeling
Because I know that tomorrow we'll both wish it wasn't here.
But if it wasn't just something created by you and me
If it was something that some artist dreamt up
You would call it beautiful.
It wouldn't be something you'd regret.
If it came from any other source than the two of us, it would be something you might be proud of.

I want someone to paint this feeling
Because I want to see it every day and remember
How it felt to be held by your arms,
The beauty in each secret kiss,
The miraculous coming-together of two people so different that no one would believe it if they heard it was true.

Someone has just got to paint this feeling.
Use a brush
Or a pen
A pencil, crayon, or marker
Or maybe this keyboard will do.
I am writing this feeling so that I will never forget it.
So look at it.
Call it beautiful.
Because it is.
posted by Little Red @ 4:29 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER