a breath of poetry
a breath of poetry giving you a glimpse of my soul
3.28.2007
Poem .11
Hold me.
Just a few minutes longer.
I want to make this vulnerability last.
Press your chest close to mine
So our hearts will know their match.
Wait until I fall asleep and softly whisper
All the things you can't say when I'm awake.
Tell me your secrets.
Pour out your hopes and dreams to my sleeping mind.
Some part of it will register,
And I will love you all the more for it.
As I lay safely snuggled in your warm embrace,
Kiss me tenderly.
And I will dream of you.
Hold me until we are no longer two bodies
A massive tangle of arms and legs,
Until we are nothing but
One heart,
One soul,
One being.
I want this night to be a turning point,
Changing the direction of our lives,
Making everything different than it was before.
I pray that I don't wake up the same,
That from this moment on, life has meaning,
That life is poetry.
So hold me like you've never held anyone before.
In sleep, let us learn to trust one another.
In dreams, let us never part.
posted by Little Red @ 4:39 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER